Before the primary season kicks into full gear, become an expert on the presidential selection process in the United States.
Subscribe to Narrowing The Field and you'll be enrolled in a free 5-part email course based on the work of Primary Politics author and U.S. elections expert Elaine Kamarck. Starting January 12, you’ll receive a new lesson in your inbox each week to read and test your knowledge.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Lesson 1: How 1968 changed the way parties pick their candidates
- Lesson 2: What is a caucus; what is a primary?
- Lesson 3: Who are the delegates and how do they matter to picking the nominee
- Lesson 4: What happens at the conventions, and how is the VP picked?
- Lesson 5: Is there a better way to pick presidential candidates?